Job Title: Finance Office
Base Location: Khartoum
Gross Salary and Grate: 499- 600 USD Per Month Grate 6
Reporting to: Finance Coordinator Sudan
Line Management Responsibilities: Finance Office
Purpose of Division:
Through capacity building and through technical and programme support, the international Programme Division keeps the organization focused on the socio- economic and humanitarian needs of vulnerable people. The division reinforces IR’s implementing structure to enable these people and their communities to develop themselves sustainably, and ensures that the organization is prepared to respond promptly and effectively to humanitarian crises.
The division increases the organization’s ability to tackle poverty by developing and fostering partnerships and institutional relationships effectively and proactively, and by ensuring transparent and timely reporting to the organization’s donors.
Ensure financial standards and integrity met in line with Donor and IR standards. Financial accounting and reporting. Support in maintaining an accurate overview of programme and office finances in the field office, providing financial guidance and support to programme staff.
Key Working Relationships
· Has regular contact with the finance team, the Programme and Logistics teams, particularly in the area based in Works closely with the field Finance Officers, Om/ Field Coordinator.Scope and Authority:
Scope of the Role:
Responsibility for Resources: No direct budget responsibility. Responsible for petty cash in the office. Monitors the budgets.
The jobholder is accountable for fulfilling his or her role and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/ her colleagues and staff. The Finance Officer adheres to the policies in the finance team and promotes their adherence to other staff in support of the organization projects.Key Accountabilities:
Key Responsibilities are:
· Ensure that IRW financial guidelines are followed in all financial aspects.
· Ensure that all payments are made against approved budget and sufficient supporting documents.
· Recording and processing of grant expenditure and ensuring that all claims are valid and meet donor requirements this include all administrative duties relating to Donor reporting, gathering and filling of all evidence relating to expenditure.
· Processing day-to-day transactions in AX system and ensuring posting has done daily.
· Cash count and reconciliation with AX cash register in daily basis.
· Assist in preparation of new proposal budgets.
· Assist with facilitation of internal and external audit procedures as required.
· Responsible for processing all payments through AX financial system.
· Record of income received at field office level in timely basis, Assist in preparing, updating cash projections and compiling monthly fund requests.
· Train and monitor IRW field team and implementing partners staff on basic accounting principles, budgeting, expenditures tracking & monitoring and other basic financial aspects.
· Check the implementing partners financial reports and provide necessary support and mentoring to help them satisfactorily undertake the financial responsibilities as spelled out on the Project Collaboration Agreements (CPAs)/ Project Partnership Agreements.
· Support field teams to effectively maintain AX system which has the ability to produce a broad range of reports:
o Budget versus Actual Expenditures (BvAs)
o Cash flow Statements
o Trial Balance
o Individual Project Budget versus actual repots
o Bank reconciliation
· To work collaboratively with other staff and other internal and external stakeholders and contribute to a culture of co-operation, flexibility and adaptability within the department and across Mind
· Analysis of spending plans against actuals and communicate the variances by categories to the Budget Holders
· Review financial transactions (ledger) on a monthly basis and initiate corrections as required for data quality.
· Ensure that online Budget Vs Actual (BVAs) are accurate to facilitate any external reviews. These includes any changes made on previously approved budgets.
· Review commitments lists and communicate any misanomalies to relevant staff – Accounting team or Supply Chain as appropriate
· Participate in the monthly Grant review/ grant opening/ closing meetings as assigned. Ensure completion of action points emanating from the grants review meetings.
· Prepare donor financial reports as required. The reports should be in compliance of donor policies and internal IR policies.
· Review national staff salary allocations timely and submit for posting.
· Provide analysis of grants spending plan vs actual spending by different sectors.
· Ensure donor and organizational policies compliance.
· To undertake other duties that may from time to time be necessary. That compatible with the nature and grade for this post.Person Specification:
· Degree with a recognized accountancy qualification (CPA, ACCA or equivalent)
· Two years experience in Finance and Accounting.
· Intermediate skills in double entry bookkeeping.
· Advanced IT skills; able to use online financial systems and input data with a high degree of accuracy, high skills in excel sheets
· Advanced MS Office skill especially Ms. Excel
· High level of attention to detail
· Strong analytical skills
· Able to build the capacity of others
· Willing and able to travel to field locations for up to 30% of role.
· Competent in written and spoken English
· Sensitivity to cultural differences
· Sympathy with the aims of IR
· Experience working in an NGO in a similar role.
· To be familiar with and abide by the NGO/Red Cross Code of Conduct, the People in Aid, Code, IRW international procedures.
Women’s are encouraged to apply
Interested candidates may send their CV Via this Email: Sudan.email@example.com
(including current address and contact numbers), copies (only) of relevant certificates and covering letter to Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC), Jamhurya Street, Khartoum. Applications should reach latest by 15 day (2019/3/25)
Only short-listed candidates will be contact.